Army kills 2 LeT Terrorists and 2 Civilians Supporters who tried to...

Army kills 2 LeT Terrorists and 2 Civilians Supporters who tried to rescue the Terrorists


Source DN

The days of appeasement of terrorists and even their supporters are over. Now it is pay back time…….what you sow you reap. Terrorists and their supporters the Hurriyat Separatists took the battle one notch higher by attacking various Police Stations. They also were responsible for killing a Police Officer out side a mosque, right after the prayers. Ironically he was deputed by State Govt to ensure personal safety of the Hurriyat Mirwaiz.

So finally two Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists, including the mastermind of last month’s major attack on J&K police, were killed in a gunfight with security forces at Dialgam, in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, on Saturday.

What is heartening that two people, including a 44-year-old woman, who tried to rescue the terrorists by disrupting the operation, were also killed in retaliatory gunfire by security forces. It is a clear message that no mercy will be shown to any terrorist or their Separatist supporters in case they try to interfere with any ongoing operations.

Bashir Lashkari, a top Lashkar leader was involved in the June 17 ambush in Achabal area in which six policemen, including station house officer Feroz Dar, were killed last month, director general of police S P Vaid said. The corpses of the policemen were mutilated. Lashkari carried a bounty of Rs 10 lakh on his head.

Accompanied by another terrorist, Ajaz Ahmad Malik of Arwani, Lashkari had taken shelter in a house in a new residential area between Ganai Bagh and Dreenth in Dialgam area on Friday night. The locality has only a few houses.

Based on specific information about the presence of the terrorists, Army and security forces laid a cordon in the early hours along with the J& K Police. As news of the cordon spread, dozens of villagers came out to protest, pelting stones on the forces. The terrorists also fired at the Army and the security personnel.

The terrorists tried to use the villagers as human shields. In the retaliatory fire by the security forces, one woman, Tahira Akhtar, was hit with a bullet. She later succumbed to her injuries. Another civilian, Shahdab Ahmad, was killed while pelting stones.

The owners of the house were also stranded but the security forces evacuated them, along with 17 other civilians, safely. Forces had to blast the house and raze it to ground after the terrorists refused to surrender, police said.

Following the killing of Lashkari, hundreds of villagers started marching towards his native village of Sof Shali in Kokernag. Sources said Lashkari had crossed over to Pakistan through the Line of Control in 2001. After returning, he was arrested several times and released subsequently.

He ran a small-time barbeque shop at a bus stand. He rejoined Lashkar in October 2015. Categorised as an A++ terrorist, Lashkari was the outfit’s commander in Anantnag district.