Breaking News: Modi Government Bringing Indian Soldier Back From Pakistan

Breaking News: Modi Government Bringing Indian Soldier Back From Pakistan

2749
0
SHARE

Pakistan admits capturing Indian soldier; assures release soon

Nearly three months after an Indian soldier ‘inadvertently’ crossed over Line of Control, Pakistan for the first time has admitted its presence in their captivity and said that soldier will be released soon.

Sepoy Chandu Lal Chavan from 37 Rashtriya Rifles with weapons had inadvertently crossed over to the other side of the Line of Control on September 30, a day after Indian forces carried out the surgical strike on terror launch pads located in PoK.

Confirming developments, minister of state for defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre on Thursday said Pakistan has assured release of Chandu Lal soon after an enquiry.

“Pakistan for the first time has admitted that he is there, alive & he crossed LoC inadvertently,” Bhamre said.

Bhamre also disclosed that Indian DGMO has raised the issue with his Pakistan counterpart for around 15- 20 times after the incident for the safe and secure release of the Indian soldier. And last time both DGMOs discussed the matter on Tuesday, said junior defence minister.

An Indian soldier strayed across the de-facto border with Pakistan after heightened tensions following a “surgical strike” India said it carried out against “terror launchpads”. the source said.

“Such inadvertent crossing by soldiers and civilians on each other sides are not unusual on either side… Normally they are returned through existing mechanisms,” a source said.

But Pakistan had been at a constant denial of capturing any Indian soldier despite the issue was raised at multiple platforms.